Daewoo Lift Truck
Forklift Training and Forklift Safety:
Forklift safety training is actually the responsibility of the employer. It is in the best interest of the employer to spend some money on forklift training for all employees. Incorrectly used forklifts could cause damage to your property. Businesses could be sued if there are injuries. It's worthwhile to ensure that anyone operating a forklift is properly trained to do so.
The best way to ensure safe forklift operation is to require every worker to go to a forklift training course.
The basics of using a forklift should be learned by all the workers. Safety information must be provided in the form of handouts, and posted in posters and warning signs. The following are some essential forklift safety and training tips:
1) Each and every employee should be qualified to use a forklift. Never take risks with such large equipment. Forklift training must be taken very seriously.
2) Seat belts must always be used by forklift operators. Just because the forklift moves slowly doesn't mean that seat belts could be disregarded. Accidents are less likely to cause personal injuries when seat belts are worn.
3) A system wherein workers report instances of mechanical problems or damage should be established. As the employer, you have to create an effective and efficient reporting system which is really easy to learn. Staff should be well trained in forklift basics so that they could detect and report problems when they occur.
4) Training employees to lean away from the turn, and stay inside the cab even when there is a chance of overturning is very vital. Staff should not jump out. That's the best way to prevent serious injury.
5) Workers have to be trained to understand a forklift's weight capacity limit. A major cause of forklift accidents is related to tip overs caused by lifting very heavy loads. Staff must really know how much they can lift safely. A tip over could damage the entire forklift. Overloading is the biggest safety mistake an employee can make.
- Terex Container Forklift
Terex construction equipment has earned a worldwide reputation for being powerful, dependable and effective. These equipment are ... More
- Hyster Loaded Container Handlers
It is suggested to often inspect the front end of your lift truck as part of your pre-shift or daily inspection, in order to help avoid ... More
- Nissan Double Reach Forklifts
Narrow aisle trucks or reach trucks have become more common because of their ability to lessen their floor space and aisle count needs. ... More
- Terex Knuckle Boom Lifts
Telescoping Boom Lifts Telescoping booms lifts are designed to mount a work bucket on an extendable, straight arm that is located on a ... More
- Potain Self Erect Cranes
For big building construction projects, tower cranes are utilized quite often. These machines are rather necessary for heavy lifting as ... More